CSD offers a full range of industrial engineering services which help clients optimize complex processes and systems to reduce operating costs and maximize productivity. Our teams develop, improve, implement, and evaluate integrated systems of people, information, equipment, and materials to maximize output and results. Our industrial engineering services include:
- Process Simplification & Re-engineering services work to identify value added vs. non-value added activities. Re-engineering design techniques are used to significantly reduce or eliminate wasteful activities to improve business operations.
- Business Process Mapping facilitates a visual representation of activities conducted within your organization. Both material and information flows are mapped identifying operations, transportations, inspections, delays, value added, and non-value added tasks.
- Ergonomics Services include the design and implementation of a custom tailored company, engineered workstation design, engineered compliance with OSHA standards, evaluation of existing techniques, ergonomics training programs, as well as periodic reviews.
- Work Study services include Method Improvement, Work Measurement, and Time Standards. Achieving optimal workplace performance and profitability is the fundamental objective of this service.
- Facility Layout Design applies modern industrial engineering techniques to the internal layout of manufacturing and warehouse facilities. This service enables facility owners and operators to get their layouts right the first time, avoiding costly mistakes down the road.
- Material Flow Analysis involves the process of effectively designing or utilizing existing handling equipment to minimize operational costs. Over the lifetime of a facility the cost of material handling can account for 30-95% of total production costs. A material flow analysis provides quick and significant cost savings without capital investment.
- Space Requirements Analysis & Specification services provide customers with an in-depth view into space needs. Whether you are building a new facility or need to optimize existing space, CSD can provide value added analysis in sizing proper space for people, equipment, aisles, materials, etc.