Professional, proficient engineering is the core of CSD capabilities and expertise. Intimate knowledge of today’s advanced technologies is crucial to engineering automation solutions with state-of-the-art, sophisticated, highly integrated components. Successfully integrating all of the technologies requires an experienced cross functional team. We have built our team with people from multiple disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, controls, and software development. Systems are increasingly complicated and diverse, our team of engineers are developing some of the most exciting, well-designed and sophisticated automation solutions available in the industry.
Safety is paramount in all manufacturing disciplines, our engineers and technicians have been trained on NFPA79, NFPA70E, UL508, ISO 13849, and other applicable safety specification and guidelines. CSD has extensive experience in design and implementation of safety architecture and solutions after a safety audit and risk assessment have been performed on a piece of equipment. Our engineers are well versed with all the major safety hardware manufacturers and have implemented numerous safety solution in manufacturing facilities.
Functional Specification Design
- Work with end user to understand their controls requirement
- Develop detailed functional specification document for programming purposes
- Develop system configuration and interface design document
- Prepare testing procedures and functional acceptance test documents
- PLC, HMI, and SCADA graphics programming
- WonderWare, Rockwell Automation, Inductive Automation
- Data logging and Alarm management systems
- SMS alert system from the unmanned control systems
Safety PLC and Hardware Implementation
- Rockwell Automation, Siemens, and Pilz
Networking and Communication
- Design and implement EthernetIP, Profinet, Profibus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, CanOpen, and Modbus networks
- Establish bidirectional communication across multiple networks and hardware platforms
- Develop supervisory control for entire production lines
System Start-up and Commissioning
- On-site startup and commissioning services for OEM equipment
- Site acceptance test services for new or reconditioned equipment
Controls Design and Engineering
- Design new systems, upgrade and add-on to existing systems
- Develop P&ID drawings and instrumentation specifications
- Hardware design and control I/O drawings
- Design PC based SCADA systems
- Ethernet network and wireless network design
Control System Evaluation/Audit
- Perform complete audit of your control system
- Suggest areas to add automation to reduce man power and improve productivity
- Provide modifications/improvements needed to reduce equipment downtime
- Provide services to make your control system robust
Continuous Improvement Consulting
- CSD’s Continuous Improvement service can assist you with developing metrics to analyze production throughput, downtime, and develop root cause analysis for deficiencies. Services include time studies, ergonomic studies, performance assessments, gap analyses, workflow analysis, and training.
Automation Systems Integration
- Known as industry experts, CSD is proficient in implementing industry-leading HMI and SCADA software from WonderWare, Rockwell Automation, and Inductive Automation as key components of your supervisory control and information systems. Our team of engineers and technicians have the experience and expertise to install and commission a broad array of OEM equipment and systems to bring together a fully integrated production line. That same range of skills translates well into the component and system level upgrades older facilities require to maintain a competitive edge in today’s market.
CSD is experienced and proficient in the configuration and integration of all leading PLCs, control networks, and VFDs, as well as other control systems and components. Utilizing industry proven best practices, CSD can ensure fast, efficient system configuration that is well-documented and sustainable, with or without our ongoing support.